Makeup organization is important for several reasons...
First, it's nice to be able to find your beauty items when you need them (especially during the morning routine).
Second, do you want to save money on makeup? Makeup can be costly and you want to avoid purchasing the same item twice because you can't find it.
Third, it's just plain fun!
Check out the following tips on makeup organizing and the makeup storage product suggestions at the bottom. Enjoy!
Utilize the general organizing procedure
of purge, sort and store, and apply it to organize makeup.
• Start by going through your makeup one item at a time. Get rid of everything that has expired, is outdated and/or is not usable anymore.
• As you make decisions, put the item in the corresponding pile, bag or box - Keep or Trash.
• Take out the trash for a clean work area.
• Next, separate what is left into categories in order to see what and how much you have (i.e. tools, lip color, eye makeup, foundations, blushes).
• If you have the space, you can sort your makeup into even
further categories (i.e. lipsticks, lip glosses, lip liners, eye
shadows, eye liners, mascaras, foundations, bronzers, blushes).
• Store your sorted items in your bathroom or wherever you apply makeup.
• Utilize makeup storage products accordingly. See the suggestions below.
I use the mini 2-drawer translucent chest to organize my makeup (see product links below). The open drawer shown is for eye pencils and mascaras. It's really easy to find what I want quickly, and the design of this product makes it look good anywhere! Check out how I spiffed up my makeup storage drawers with Washi tape here.
• Get in the habit of putting things in their proper places as soon as you are done using them. This simple task will keep your bathroom free and clear.
• Throw products away when they expire or become unusable. This short activity will avoid long makeup organizing sessions!