Welcome to my page of organized scrapbooks and supplies!
Having trouble locating your craft materials? Wasting time and money? Want to know how to organize scrapbooking stuff?!
Organizing scrapbook supplies is essential to...
Keeping your tools and pieces in order helps you effortlessly locate what you need for the project at hand, saves you time and money, and makes your activity more enjoyable (encouraging completion).
Outlined below is the craft organization process as well as scrapbook storage and organization products, so use the following tips to get started!
• Start by gathering all of your scrapbook supplies. Pick up one item at a time and decide if it is worth keeping. In order to accomplish this, ask yourself appropriate questions (i.e. Do I still use this? Is it in working condition? How often do I use this?).
• As you make decisions, put the item in the corresponding pile, bag or box - Keep, Donate, Distribute To Others, Trash, Recycle.
• Take out the trash and recycling and put the donations in your car. This hinders the possibility of undoing your hard scrapbook organizing work.
• Now that you have gotten rid of all unnecessary items, it's
time to focus on what's left. Separate the remaining things into
categories (i.e. paper, stickers, tools)
I keep my scrapbooking supplies in labeled boxes.
• With your scrapbook supplies categorized, you can see how much you have of everything. Use craft organization products and scrapbooking organizers accordingly. See products suggested below.
• If scrapbooking is a regular activity for you, then section off
a corner of a room as your "craft area." Utilize a shelving unit to
hold your scrapbooking books, albums and categorized supplies and a
(folding) table to work on.
• Get in the habit of putting items back in their proper places. This will ensure that you can effortlessly locate things, prevent you from buying multiples of the same item, and thus save you money.
• Go through your scrapbook supplies twice a year to get rid of unwanted or unusable items.