Looking for greeting card storage ideas? Here's the organizing process, awesome greeting card organizer products, upcycling ideas and more!
Like with anything else, having your greeting cards in order is convenient, saves time and money and just rocks!
Outlined below is the process as well as the products to organize cards and other stationary items, so use the following tips to get started. Cheers!
Utilize the general organizing procedure
of purge, sort and store, and apply it when you organize greeting cards, birthday cards and other stationary items.
• Start by gathering all of your greeting cards, invitations, envelope stickers and any other appropriate items. Pick up one item at a time and decide if it is worth keeping. In order to accomplish this, ask yourself appropriate questions (i.e. Is this card still in good condition? Is it creased or ripped? Is it outdated?).
• As you make decisions, put the item in the corresponding pile, bag or box - Keep, Trash or Recycle.
• Take out the trash and recycling when finished with this process. This hinders the possibility of undoing your hard greeting card organizing work.
• Now that you have gotten rid of all unnecessary items, it's time to focus on what's left. Separate the remaining things into categories (i.e. birthday cards, thank you notes, sympathy, friendship, congratulations, holiday cards, envelope stickers, random envelopes and so on).
**PLEASE NOTE: For a quicker organizing process, combine the
purging and the sorting into one seamless step. For example, let's say
you pick up a birthday card and decide it is worth keeping. Start a
"birthday card" pile, so that the next time you come across a birthday
card you want to keep you can put them together.**
• With your greeting cards categorized, you can see how much you have of everything. Use greeting card storage products accordingly. See items suggested below.
• So...where should you keep your greeting cards? Well, where are you most likely to write them? In the home office? In the kitchen? By the front door? Whatever your answer is...is the answer!
This is one of the two greeting card boxes I have. The dividers keep them sorted, and retrieving a specific type of card is fast and easy! See product link below - All Occasion Greeting Card Assortment with Decorative Reusable Organizer Box.
• Greeting cards are fun! I have plenty of them just like the next person. As soon as I get a new one, I put it in the greeting card "home," so I can find it when I want to use it. This is a good habit to adopt - saves time, money, and frustration.