Is your jewelry in a jumble? Here are some great necklace organizer and
jewelry storage organizer recommendations along with the step-by-step
jewelry organizing process!
Why is it important to organize jewelry? Well, do you have a...
Favorite pair of hoop earrings? Antique family heirloom? Gift from a loved one?
Being organized means you can find these things, quickly if necessary, so time is saved. Being able to locate items means that duplicates are not purchased and therefore money isn't wasted. This also avoids frustration and raised stress levels.
Doesn't that sound pretty important?
Remember, no project is too small, especially when it comes to valuables.
To get started, use the following tips and product suggestions for organizing jewelry. Happy organizing!
Utilize the general organizing procedure of purge, sort and store, and use it to organize jewelry.
• Start by gathering all of your jewelry. Go through each piece one by one and decide if it is worth keeping.
• In order to accomplish this, ask yourself appropriate questions (How often do I wear this? When was the last time I wore this? Is it still in style? Is it in good condition?).
• As you make decisions, put the item in the corresponding pile, bag or box - Keep, Donate, Distribute, Trash. **Don't forget to record your donations for tax purposes.**
• Take out the trash, and put the donations
in your car. If you are giving items to friends or family members, put
them in a labeled bag by the door to ensure you distribute them. This
hinders the possibility of undoing your hard jewelry organizing work.
• Now that you can see what and how much you have, separate your
jewelry into categories (i.e. earrings, necklaces, bracelets, brooches,
rings, good jewelry, costume jewelry, etc.).
This is my necklace organizer; any series of hooks will do.
• With your jewelry sorted, you can see how much you have of each category. Use organizational products accordingly. See products suggested below.
I use this Jewelry Hanger (product link below) to store my earrings and other small jewels like brooches. This product nicely hides my jewelry among my clothing.
**Tip: These items could be very valuable. Take this into account
when deciding where to store them (i.e. not out in the open).**
• After wearing items, be sure to put them back in their rightful homes.
• A few times a year, go through your jewelry collection and pitch or give away any unnecessary items.