This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase
Going somewhere? Wondering how to pack a suitcase? Welcome to my page
of packing tips! Here is some really useful information on packing
light and more!
When it comes to travel, being organized is vital! It can mean the difference between a relaxing vacation and a vacation you need a vacation from.
Here you'll find...
I hope these tips help you better prepare for your travels and therefore improve the quality of your trips. Enjoy!
1. Where are you going? Be sure to consider factors related to your destination such as the weather forecast (i.e. warm locations may require rain gear), the culture (i.e. pack your cowboy boots if you're going to Texas) and so on.
2. How long will you be gone? It's easy to over pack, but also be mindful of under packing. Check out the packing process below for more on this.
3. How are you getting there? Are you flying? Driving? Taking a train? A boat? For example if you're flying, consider air travel packing tips and regulations, going through security and accessibility to things while you are on the flight.
4. Why are you going? Is this a business trip? Family vacation? Whatever the purpose of your travels, keep this in mind when packing so that you have proper travel outfits and the appropriate attire.
5. What will you be doing during the trip? Are you staying in one hotel or will you be moving around? Are you on a cruise ship that will be stopping in other countries? What activities will you be doing?
6. How much space will you have while traveling and also once you get there? For example if you're backpacking across Europe, then you've got to be very minimalist the entire time.
Transform packing into a smooth process with the following general guidelines.
The following example demonstrates how to apply the above general tips on how to pack a suitcase to a specific vacation.
Let's say you are packing for the beach for the weekend. Laid out on your bed should be...
Then you could use a duffle bag or small suitcase to pack your items. You'll most likely bring a tote bag to the beach, so consider using that to pack your things.
1. A huge space killer is shoes. Consider packing different outfits that can be worn with the same pair of shoes. Apply this concept to other bulky items like jackets, sweaters and scarves.
2. Underwear and socks can be fillers instead of taking up valuable real estate. Stuff them inside of shoes or in any small open spaces.
3. Choose outfits that can easily transfer from day to night rather than packing separate outfits. A quick change of accessories will be sufficient for spiffing up an outfit.
4. Go with brown or black, not both. If you stick with one color palette, you can use the same accessories for your outfits such as belts, purses, jewelry, makeup and shoes.
5. Bring travel-sized products. Whether it's toiletries, an umbrella, or what have you, smaller is better.
6. Create a packing checklist and stick to it.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.