This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase
Want to be more eco-friendly? Check out our great green living ideas and going green tips!
What is eco green living anyway?!?
Well living green means a lot of things, but simply put, it can be defined as reducing the negative human impact on the environment through eco-friendly living habits.
For example, I'm sure you've heard of reusing grocery bags or recycling electronics or purchasing compact fluorescent lightbulbs. These things all have to do with reducing our environmental footprint and are therefore very important.
Below you'll find some helpful green living ideas and going green tips as well as some great resources. Enjoy!
1. Turn lights and other electrical items off when not in use. Better yet, unplug electronics when not in use.
2. Reuse printer paper. You know when a page prints out with a small sentence at the bottom or even less than that? Put it back in the printer and use the other side.
3. Recycle everything that you can - paper, plastics, electronics, batteries, metals, ink cartridges, everything!
4. Utilize what you have, and use old things in new ways. Have you heard of upcycling or downcycling? Do you know how many vinegar uses there are?!
5. Turn the water off while you shave or brush your teeth.
6. Use green cleaning products or perhaps homemade cleaning products.
7. Bring your own bags to the grocery store.
8. Use a water bottle and a filtered-water pitcher instead of buying bottled water.
9. Sign up to get your bills electronically and unsubscribe from junk mail like catalogs you don't want.
10. Get organized! If you are organized, then you are probably doing green things without even knowing it. Here are must-see tips on getting organized. Bravo!
Remember: Being green does not mean being perfect and changing every one of your habits. If everyone does a little part, a huge difference will be made.
If every American recycled just one-tenth of their newspapers, we would save about 25 million trees a year. (statistic provided by GoGreenEarth.WordPress.com)
Have you gone green? We'd love to know about and the more the merrier!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Green DIY Projects: Reusing Plastic Bags Not rated yet
Have you ever counted how many plastic bags you have at home? It's probably a lot. You get a couple more after every grocery shopping trip. Everyone is …
Affordable Organic Gardening Not rated yet
There is no doubt that growing organic is a much better choice than growing a conventional garden. It's preferred for many reasons, one of them being the …
Homemade Garden Furniture Cleaner For Wood Not rated yet
Your garden can be the ideal spot for relaxation if you take proper care of it and pay attention to the patio furniture. At the beginning of Spring, everyone …
Healthier Homes with DIY Green Cleaning Not rated yet
Green cleaning is a great way to ensure a germ-free, sanitized and healthy environment in your home without the use of chemicals. The greener you go, the …
WINDOW CLEANING - HOMEMADE GREEN RECIPES Not rated yet
If you want a clean house that has fresh and healthy air, you need to take care of many things. One of the areas that gets dirty quite quickly is your …
Water Bottle in your Toilet Tank Not rated yet
Put a full bottle of water in your toilet tank and then when you flush less water is used to refill it! Save the planet!!!!!!!!
How To Go Green
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has thorough information on how you can reduce carbon footprint and go green whether you are a business owner, a home owner, a school, a government, or a community planner.
The EPA website has tons of green living ideas for your home from air to water to appliances and more.
Easy Ways To Be Green
Real Simple is just that. Check out this great article on small habits that are great for the planet.
Better for the environment as well as for your health, natural cleaning products and methods do the job without the toxicity.
On a budget? Want to be green? Want to get clean?! Try these great recipes for mixing your own cleaning solutions!
Green Organizing Products
Don't just be a green cleaner, be a green shopper! The Container Store has some great earth-friendly products.
Get Stuff for Being Green
Recycle, Earn Points, Get Rewards!!!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.