Declutter your home and declutter life! Here's a growing list of things you can live without. Let's do some clutter control!
The following is a running list of items to declutter from your life. Check back often or subscribe to our blog for updates on this declutter list!
1. Cookbooks - Keep a few essential books if necessary and utilize online recipe websites.
2. Travel Guide Books - This information goes out of date so quickly, just use the internet.
3. Bookmarks - Any piece of paper will do.
4. Wedding Dress - Your daughter is probably not going to wear it. Have a tailor turn it into another dress or sell it.
5. DVDs - With On Demand and Netflix (and Walmart's new DVD to digital service), who needs the actual DVDs?
6. Outfits For Your Dog - A coat for the winter will do.
7. Books You've Already Read (and won't read again) - Getting rid of books you don't need is a good way to declutter fast.
8. Past issues of magazines or catalogs
9. Email subscriptions - Do you read or even open all of the emails you get? Unsubscribe!
10. Maps - That's what GPS and/or cell phones are for.
11. Snow cone maker or ice cream maker or any specific kitchen appliance like that
12. Empty food containers like jelly jars or butter tubs
13. Shot glasses - Any drinking vessel will suffice for taking shots.
14. Keys that don't have locks
15. Rogue socks, gloves, earrings, leg warmers or any other item that is missing its match
16. Food containers from getting take out - Keep a few in you are low on Tupperware...Otherwise, recycle!
17. Stale spices
18. Items that remind you of a negative person, situation or time in your life
19. Clothing that used to fit
20. Bulky memorabilia - Take a picture and discard.
21. Dessert after every meal
22. CDs - Go digital.
23. Mystery batteries, cords and chargers
24. Stereo system - Just hook your iPod directly to your speakers.
25. Magazine rack
26. Phone book
27. Dictionary and/or thesaurus
28. Champagne glasses - Any glass will do. Cheers!
29. Expired medicine
30. Linens that are stained, ripped, faded, and/or missing their matches
31. Wire hangers
32. The collection of free tote bags with company logos on them
33. Friends, family members and/or colleagues that do not bring anything positive to your life