Wondering how to clear your mind?
Are your thoughts scattered?
Does your brain get overloaded with ideas?
Can't figure out how to turn it off?!
Being organized does not only apply to physical spaces. In fact, mentality is the foundation for physicality in the organizing world. In other words, how you think about stuff dictates what you do with it.
This brain overload happens to everyone, even me (a professional organizer)! In this day and age, how can it not? Thus, check out the tips below on how to clear your mind!
How To Clear Your Mind in 20 Different Ways
1. Sing a song at the top of your lungs with or without music. Pick a song that matches your mood for even better results.
2. Play with your pet. A simple game of tug-of-war or fetch is great for decluttering your mind.
3. Do an activity you used to do as a youngster like a puzzle or a coloring book.
4. Take a drive in your car with the windows all the way down on a sunny Spring day.
5. Put on music and dance like no one is watching.
6. Watch something funny...anything that you find humorous and is sure to bring a smile to your face. I watch YouTube videos of Pugs doing hilarious things.
7. Go for a walk or run outside. Bring your dog if you have one.
8. Do some arts and crafts - work on a scrapbook, finish a knitting project, sew buttons on to clothes that are missing them, and so on.
9. Get involved in your passion. For example, I'll organize a small area of my home for 15 minutes and end up cleansing my mind and my space at the same time!
10. Practice yoga. Sit with your legs crossed, eyes closed and back straight. Focus on your breathing and that's it.
11. Take a hot bath - bubbles, candles, light music and all.
12. Cook something simple.
13. Take a power nap. Turn everything off - lights, television, your mind, everything.
14. Look at memorabilia like scrapbooks, photo albums, etc.
15. Play a game (i.e. good old fashioned solitaire or play your turn on Words With Friends).
16. Call an old friend and catch up.
17. Hug a loved one or a pet.
18. Write down your thoughts in a journal.
19. Say a prayer or connect with your faith in some way.
20. Smell something good (i.e. candle, cookies, flowers).
What kind of mind-clearing techniques do you have? Share them here!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Welcome to The-Organizing-Boutique.com - my customized shop of all things organizing! My name is Nealey Stapleton. I am passionate about being organized and love helping others get things in order! Learn more here.