Welcome to my page of awesome travel tips!
Whether you're going on vacation, a business trip, a weekend adventure or a two week excursion, an organized trip in which things run smoothly always leaves more room for leisure. Who doesn't want that?!
Would you rather be basking in the sun by the pool at your hotel or battling with the concierge about whether or not you had reservations after a tiring day of travel?
This page provides resourceful information on prepping, packing, products and more, so you can better plan your journeys and have more fun. The following travel information will help you get started.
Travel Tips: BEFORE YOU LEAVE
A Few Weeks Prior
• make arrangements for child care
• make arrangements for pet care
• make arrangements for plant care
• confirm all reservations (click here to make a master itinerary!)
• store valuable things in safe places
• clean out wallet (only take what's necessary)
• make copies of important documents (passports, etc.)
• if you have a home security system, let them know the dates you will be gone & who to contact in case of emergency
• pay rent & other bills that will be due while you're away
• check out local hospitals covered by your health insurance
• install/recharge batteries
• forward/hold mail (click here to do it online)
• clean out fridge/pantry
• empty trash cans & take out the trash
• turn off the lights (put the lights on a timer, if possible, so the house appears lived in)
• wash the dishes
• unplug electrical items
• turn down the temperature in your home
• lock all doors and windows
Travel Tips: PACKING
Transform packing into a quick, easy activity with the following general guidelines. Below is an example of how to apply these...
• Use your bed to lay everything out in front of you.
• Pick out an outfit for each day's activities to ensure you have enough clothing and put it on your bed.
• Gather the miscellaneous materials such as toiletries, cameras, backpacks, purses, books, sunglasses, and so on.
• Now all you need to do is put everything in a suitcase!
Remember, to do this strategically. Put the items you'll need first or
most often in an accessible section or pocket.
The following example demonstrates how to apply the above general packing tips to a specific vacation...
Let's say you are going to the beach for the weekend. Laid out on your bed should be -
• Saturday At The Beach: bathing suit, bathing suit cover, flip flops, shorts, t-shirt
• Saturday Night Dinner: jeans, a light top, casual shoes, small purse
• Sunday's Trip Home: comfortable pants/shorts, t-shirt
• Accessories & Other Items: hat, beach towels, book,
sunscreen, toiletries, sunglasses, chapstick, beach bag, belt, socks,
underwear, bras, bandanas, phone chargers, music, airline tickets
For more assistance, check out this online universal packing list!
**TRAVELING ON AN AIRPLANE? WORRIED ABOUT LOST LUGGAGE? Divide your families belongings among each bag. If one bag doesn't arrive at the destination, everyone still has what they need.**
Travel Tips: PRODUCTSGrid-It Organizer
Welcome to The-Organizing-Boutique.com - my customized shop of all things organizing! My name is Nealey Stapleton. I am passionate about being organized and love helping others get things in order! Learn more here.