Sell stuff successfully and get rid of the clutter! Selling your items is a great option for discarding things you don't want or no longer need.
If it still works and is in good condition, why not sell it? Free yourself of clutter and make some money at the same time. Not bad!
The following tips on how to sell stuff will get you started. Below you will find guidance on how to sell your item and getting the item ready as well as a website guide. Good luck!
Distinguish How To Sell
Here are some quick rules of thumb for figuring out what avenue to take when you are selling your items.
• CONSIGNMENT: used items in good condition like clothing and furniture
• eBAY (or the like): small, shippable items like electronics and vintage collectibles
• ESTATE SALE: low value items that you KNOW the price of like kids' games and costume jewelry
• AUCTION: high value items like art and jewelry
Do Your Research
When you decide to sell your items and how you are going to do so, do some online research.
See what others have done and experienced when selling their things in different ways. For example, do you want to try to sell the items yourself on websites like Amazon or eBay or do you want to let someone else do it for part of the profit like ISoldIt?
If you are going to sell something yourself, look up the cost of buying the item brand new on retail websites as well as purchasing the item used on resale websites like Craigslist. Take this into account when pricing your item as well as how old the item is, how easy it is to find it, what condition it is in and how it's getting to the customer (which could mean extra shipping and insurance expenses or perhaps a discount if they are picking it up and taking it away for you).
Another research resource is LiveAuctioneers.com to look up the value of items and aid in selling stuff via auction.
Make Sure The Item Is Ready
1. Gather all of the parts when selling a product that has multiple pieces (including the manual if you have it).
2. Clean the product so that it looks like something you'd want to buy.
3. Remove anything personal from the item (i.e. erase the hard drive of a computer, take out clothing tags with names on them).
Website Guide - Where To Sell What
eBay - Designer Clothing & Accessories, Children's Clothing & Accessories
Twice (LikeTwice.com) - Women's Clothing
Clothing & Accessories
Glyde.com - iAnything and Video Games
Electronics, Books & Other Media
Home Goods & Furniture
Welcome to The-Organizing-Boutique.com - my customized shop of all things organizing! My name is Nealey Stapleton. I am passionate about being organized and love helping others get things in order! Learn more here.