Organizing kitchen cabinets is vital to keeping order in this multipurpose, high traffic room.
With the cupboards in the kitchen organized, life is much simpler. You can find things easily and put items away quickly, which is great for cooking, cleaning and your sanity in general.
Below you will find tips that will guide you through the process of organizing your kitchen cabinets as well as recommended products to maximize space. Happy reading!
Follow the process on the organizing kitchen page to purge the cabinets of any unnecessary items, sort what's left and figure out what to store in which cabinet.
1. A quick kitchen cabinet organization tip for deciding what item goes in which cabinet is to store items in the cupboards closest to where they get used. For example, the pots and pans should be kept in the largest cabinet near the stove.
2. A general rule for organizing kitchen cabinets is to put the items that are used the most in the front and on the most reachable shelf. Remember to consider all of the family members (i.e. lower shelves in lower cupboards are better for children).
3. Like goes with like. Put the drinking vessels in one cupboard. Then break them down into further categories by shelf (i.e. thermoses/to go cups, plastic cups, water glasses, etc.).
You won't be able to fit ALL of the drinking vessels into one cabinet, so consider storage elsewhere. For example, you might want to keep the coffee mugs in a cupboard near the coffee maker or the plastic cups for the kids in a lower, more reachable cabinet.
4. Cabinets usually have a lot of unused vertical space. Rather than stacking breakable items like plates, utilize products like kitchen cupboard organizers to maximize use of the area.
5. This also holds true for items that are not breakable. The below cabinet corner organizer is great for holding pans and makes it so easy to retrieve what I need when I need it.
6. If you're low on kitchen drawer space, then consider using extra shelf space. Like in the below photo (top shelf), you can use kitchen storage organizers like handled baskets to hold items that might normally be found in a drawer.
Home Organization Topics:
Baby's Room - Setting Up
Baby's Room - Music Festival Theme
>Guest Bathroom Cabinet
Bedroom - Cleaning Out
Bedroom - Maintaining
Bedroom - Setting Up
>Closet Organizing Process
>Closet - Hard Decisions
>Closet - Top 3 Products
>Closet Organizers To Assemble
>Closet Organizing Systems
>Pinterest - Wardrobe Organizer
>Pantry - Organizing Process
>Pantry - 5 Tips
>Refrigerator - Decluttering
>Refrigerator - 5 Secrets
>Under Sink Storage
Other Home Tips
Specific Items (i.e. Mail)
Top 5 Home Organizing Tips
Where Everything Belongs