Organizing a pantry is great for several reasons, so let's do some pantry organization.
First, it ensures you can find your food and other items. This means you can locate and use what you have in turn saving time and money! Consequently, it also means that you will have an easier time cooking, keeping a diet and so on.
Below you'll find the organizational process to get your pantry under control as well as a system for maintaining it and kitchen pantry organizer product suggestions. Enjoy!
Utilize the general organizing procedure of purge, sort and store, and apply it when organizing a pantry.
• Start by going through your pantry one item at a time. Get rid of any items that are expired or no longer usable.
• As you make decisions, put the item in the corresponding pile, bag or box - Keep or Trash.
Take out the trash when you're done with the purging session. This
hinders the possibility of undoing your hard pantry organizing work.
You have pared down, and now you can focus on what's left. Sort the
remaining items into categories that make sense to you (i.e. canned
goods, pasta and rice, sweets, chips and snacks, and so on).
As you can see, even the smallest pantry closet design can be organized! I use aluminum stacking bins for small snacks and a double turntable for canned goods.
• Put your sorted pantry items back into the pantry by assigning each shelf a category (i.e. top shelf is canned goods, bottom shelf is unopened drinks, etc.).
• Take into consideration those in your household. For example, you may want to put your child's snacks on a shelf that can be reached or your dog's treats on a shelf that can't.
• Utilize pantry organization products to maximize your space like a double turntable or stacking bins. See the kitchen cabinet storage solutions suggested below!
• Get into the habit of putting things back as soon as you're done and make sure they are completely sealed.
• A few times a year go through the pantry; dispose of expired items and make sure the packaging of edible items are closed properly.
Home Organization Topics:
Baby's Room - Setting Up
Baby's Room - Music Festival Theme
Baby's Room - Dresser Drawers
>Guest Bathroom Cabinet
Bedroom - Cleaning Out
Bedroom - Maintaining
Bedroom - Setting Up
>Closet Organizing Process
>Closet - Hard Decisions
>Closet - Top 3 Products
>Closet Organizers To Assemble
>Closet Organizing Systems
>Pinterest - Wardrobe Organizer
>Pantry - Organizing Process
>Pantry - 5 Tips
>Refrigerator - Decluttering
>Refrigerator - 5 Secrets
>Under Sink Storage
Other Home Tips
Empty Nester Tips
Specific Items (i.e. Mail)
Top 5 Home Organizing Tips
Where Everything Belongs