If you're looking for simple laundry tips that will improve your routine and save you time, then you've come to the right place.
Avoid overflowing hampers and streamline your laundry process with the tips on this page. Below you'll find 5 ways to master the laundry. Happy reading!
Laundry Tips for Mastering the Routine
1. Get organized. The laundry room needs to be organized, so that you can find things easily and go through the loading process efficiently. Think about and accommodate every task involved in loading the washer. Here are laundry tips for organizing your laundry room to maximize efficiency.
2. Pre-sort the laundry. Put multiple labeled hampers or laundry sorters (like the one on the right) in every bedroom, so that dirty clothes get thrown into their correct category (i.e. dark, light, delicate) as soon as someone undresses. If you have a larger family, then put the hamper in a communal area rather than in each bedroom to save time collecting laundry.
3. Get the family involved. Give each family member a responsibility like emptying their own pockets, bringing their dirty clothes to the laundry room on laundry days, and/or putting their folded laundry away. By delegating these small tasks, you save time as well as instill good habits.
To ensure everyone follows through with their tasks, come up with a way to reward good behavior as well as what the consequences are for failing to do a job. For example, anyone who fails to clean out their own pockets forfeits the contents (i.e. money!) to a family member who didn't fail to do so.
4. Do smaller loads more frequently. Don't wait to do the laundry until the hamper is overflowing. That looks and feels so overwhelming and really discourages getting the laundry done. Rather, do smaller loads more frequently.
Create a routine for this that works for you and fits the size of your family. For example, if you do 10 loads of laundry a week then break this down into a few loads every other day. Doesn't that sound better than trying to do 10 loads in 1 day?!
Additionally, it's so easy to procrastinate about doing the laundry, so be aware of the time of day that you are most productive. If the morning is when you are the most motivated, then start your 2 loads of laundry before breakfast.
5. Fold the clothes immediately. Avoid wrinkles and the extra work of ironing by folding your clothes as soon as they are dry. Have hangars handy to quickly hang things up, and create a dedicated folding area to easily fold the warm clothes right out of the dryer. If you have a small laundry room or area, use a folding table as your folding area and simply put it away when not in use.
Welcome to The-Organizing-Boutique.com - my customized shop of all things organizing! My name is Nealey Stapleton. I am passionate about being organized and love helping others get things in order! Learn more here.
Home Organization Topics:
>Guest Bathroom Cabinet
Bedroom - Cleaning Out
Bedroom - Setting Up
>Closet Organizing Process
>Closet Organizers To Assemble
>Closet Organizing Systems
>Under Sink Storage
Other Home Tips
Specific Items (i.e. Mail)