Set up your dream office with these simple home office organization tips and awesome home office organizers!
Home office organization is a vital part of being productive and getting things done.
Below you'll find a step-by-step process for organizing your home office and everything in it as well as some initial, very important, things to consider. Enjoy and good luck!
Utilize the general organizing procedure of purge, sort and store, and apply it when organizing your home office.
• Start with the highest priority item. What disorganized part of your home office affects you the most? Or cleaning up what section of the office will be of the highest benefit?
I find that in most cases the answer to the above questions is paper. However, paper also takes the longest to sort through, so take your time into consideration and break this down into doable, short tasks if necessary. Alternatively, you can choose to start with the next priority, because items like office supplies take less time to go through.
• Once you've decided where you will start, go through each item one by one, and decide if it is worth keeping.
• Complete the purge by taking out the discards.
Now that you can see what and how much you have, separate your items
into categories. For example, if you are getting your supplies in order, then sort them into categories that make sense to you (i.e. electronics and cords, writing utensils, paper clips and staples).
• Check out the home office organization product suggestions below.
• One of my best home office organization tips is to take 5-10 minutes at the end of each day to put items in their proper places. This simple task will maintain your home office organization.
• A few times a year, go through your home office and get rid of all unnecessary items. This keeps your work space current and ready for the constant cycle of paper and supplies going in and out.
If you're looking for affordable home office furniture like home office shelving or a modern home office desk, then check out IKEA (especially their Expedit systems).
Home Office Organization
Home Office In A Closet
MY Home Office!
Briefcase or Work Bag
Cables & Cords
Office Storage Boxes
Bills & Action Items
Imp. Papers Storage Box
Paper (in General)
Paper (Pending Items)
General Tech Tips