Looking for easy holiday decorating ideas? A checklist for holiday decorations? Holiday gift giving tips?! You've come to the right place.
The warm weather is fading fast, and it will be time for home holiday decorating before you know it! You'll be cleaning and shopping and cooking and hosting and celebrating before you can say Halloween.
Start planning now, and this winter season will be as cool as a snowflake! The following easy holiday decorating ideas and holiday preparation tips will get you started. Enjoy!
The beginning of October is a good time to sit down with your calendar and set aside days and/or times for holiday organizing tasks.
Create an event planning timeline and set deadlines for all things holiday like:
sure to stick to the plan once it's mapped out on your calendar. This
will ensure you get things done without having to rush around at the
last minute and allow you to actually enjoy the approaching holidays.
Consider this: The holidays are approaching...
(A) You are a stressed out mess who is picking up the in-laws from the airport, cleaning the house, preparing the food, setting the table, putting up the decorations, running to the grocery store to purchase forgotten ingredients, rushing to buy a replacement tablecloth (the one you have was torn to shreds by the cat)... OR
(B) You are a calm being who has already done almost all of the above.
If you prefer option (B), then read on!
CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF
of the most common ways people accumulate clutter is purchasing items
they already have, because they can't see or find them.
1. Gather all of your holiday items. You want to be able to see everything (i.e. your Thanksgiving decorations have dwindled, your Christmas ornaments have tripled, you are completely out of candles, etc). Throw away all broken items, and donate things in good condition that you know you won't use.
2. Organize what you have. Use large, clear plastic bins with lids to separate your items by holiday. Having a container for each holiday will make this process a lot easier next year!
3. Make a list. Jot down the items you need AND have room to store. Also, keep in mind the things you have used in the past that haven't worked out so well (i.e. the fresh, beautiful Christmas garland that the dog thought was grass).
Now you've done your holiday organizing and are ready to purchase new items if necessary!
Easy holiday decorating ideas are all about being able to spiff up a space in a small amount of time with little or no money. It's fantastic, and here are 3 awesome ways to do just that.
Last minute holiday shopping is never fun - crowded malls, sold out items, increased shipping costs, not to mention throbbing headaches.
1. Write down a list of people you intend to buy gifts for. Whether it's recorded on the side of one of your calendar pages or on a folded piece of paper in your checkbook jacket or in your smartphone, it needs to be handy at all times. No matter where you are, you can pull it out and record a gift idea next to the corresponding person. (This will eliminate frantic can't-figure-out-what-to-get-this-person moments.)
2. An inventory should be taken on all of your wrapping paper and accessories. A large part of holiday organizing is getting the gift wrap and other gift items in order. Be sure to purchase the items you are running out of or don't have altogether. Also, don't forget who you are giving gifts to - those who celebrate Christmas? Hannukah? Both? Neither? Don't know? (Universal wrapping paper is good to have anyway.)
3. Don't forget about the out-of-towners. Waiting until the last minute to ship something across the country overnight never helps when you're trying to keep holiday spending at a minimum. The most inexpensive shipping method probably takes about 2-3 weeks to get to its destination. Set a deadline for all gifts to be sent by, mark it on your calendar, and stick to it!
Event Organization Topics:
General Event Planning Ideas
Gift Ideas - Etsy 2015
Thanksgiving - First Time
Thanksgiving - Clean Up
Thanksgiving - Decorating
Camping - 3 New Uses
Camping - Repurpose Bottles
Music Festival - Organizing
Music Festival - 3 Must-Haves
Music Festival - 10 Hacks
Music Festival - 10 Products
Music Festival - Packing List
Super Bowl Party