Need help with business card management? Here are some fantastic business card storage ideas!
Having your business cards in order will make it easier to find your contacts, decrease the paper clutter in your office and make life easier in general.
The following tips outline the step-by-step process for organizing business cards as well as awesome product suggestions. Enjoy!
Utilize the general organizing procedure of purge, sort and store, and apply it to organize business cards.
• Start by gathering all of your business cards.
• Go through them one by one and get rid of any that are no longer necessary (i.e. Do you remember who the contact is? Is this someone you want to keep in touch with? Is the person still at that place of employment?)
• As you make decisions, put the business cards in the corresponding pile, bag or box - Keep or Recycle.
• If you have a ton of business cards, then combine the Purge and Sort parts of this process. If you decide to keep the card, then put into another category as specified below.
• Put the recycling in its proper place, so that all that is left are the cards you're keeping.
• Now that you can see what you have, separate what's left into categories that make sense to you.
For example, I have business cards related to my job categorized as Clients, Vendors or Fellow Organizers. I have business cards related to my personal life categorized as Friends & Family and Services.
For my husband, I've sorted his business cards into business card books - one book for each job he's had because that's how he remembers people.
For example, I organize business cards using a different business card book for each category. I have a "Services" business card book, a "Friends & Family" business card book and so on.
• See below for more product suggestions.
• Get in the habit of putting all business cards in their appropriate place as you get them.
• It's a good idea to write some details about the person on the back of card when you meet them (i.e. when you met them, where you met them, what you talked about, etc.). This ensures you remember who they are years later.
• Once or twice a year, go through your business card books and purge any that are no longer necessary.
Home Office Organization
Home Office In A Closet
MY Home Office!
Briefcase or Work Bag
Cables & Cords
Office Storage Boxes
Bills & Action Items
Imp. Papers Storage Box
Paper (in General)
Paper (Pending Items)
General Tech Tips